Ice Skating Rink
Palos Heights Ice Rink
Current Ice Status: CLOSED 1/13/2021 8AM
6597 West 127th Street
Hours of Operations when skating conditions exist:
Christmas Eve/ New Year's Eve: 9:00am-3:00p
Christmas Day/ New Year's Day: Closed
- Red Flag indicates conditions for the skating are poor and the rink is CLOSED.
- Green Flag indicates conditions for skating exist and the rink in OPEN.
- Please stay off ice when it is closed.
- The ice rink can be closed any time for maintenance.
- No Hockey- No Hockey sticks, puck, or goals allowed.
- No fighting, horseplay, or snowball throwing on or near the ice rink.
- Ice skates are required to be on ice. No shoes, boots, or other footwear allowed.
- All skaters under 12 years must be accompanied by an adult.
- No alcohol or tobacco products allowed.
WARNING: Use of this Facility is at YOUR OWN RISK.
- This public skating rink is used by both experienced and inexperienced skaters.
- Serious injury may result from falling or colliding.
- The City of Palos Heights does not assume responsibility for injuries, damage or thefts of personal property.
General Information/ Safety
- The ice rink is an unsupervised activity and facility, participate at your own risk. There are no attendants on duty.
- The ice skating season will be late-December through late-February.
- An attempt to make ice will be made when conditions are right. This includes a prolonged period of temperatures below freezing and ground temperature below freezing. It can take several days to make ice for skating. The rink will be closed during resurfacing.
- Outdoor ice has imperfections and the condition can change quickly, always inspect the ice before you skate. Safety is the priority.
- All skaters must stay off the ice until it is safe for skating, as indicated by the flag system. Skating on unfit ice can ruin the liner and prohibit ice from forming.
- During snow events of more than one inch of snow accumulation on the ice the snow removal priority will remain City streets, facility parking lots, and sidewalks. The snow and ice will be cleared after the the conclusion of the snow event and when other snow removal duties are complete. Snow will not be removed on Holidays and may take longer on weekends.
- The ice rink will be closed in the case of extreme temperatures.